Wednesday, December 23, 2009

First Annie and Principle Orphan Rehearsal







Last night we had our first rehearsal with Annie and the two teams of principle orphans - it was SO MUCH FUN! We discussed my vision for the show, went through some 1930s slang so that when the girls ad lib on stage they don't let contemporary slang creep into their character's language, I also had them work on their character's background when I gave them a break. They came up with some very tragic and gruesome ends to their character's parents! Molly's mama ends up dying from hypothermia after she fell off the ferry into the frigid water! Oh My! I'll try and add more orphan stories as the rehearsal process continues.






We bocked and ran through Act I Scene 1 through the song "Maybe". It's a pleasure to see the two teams of orphans watch and learn from each other as they go through the dialog. I can't wait until we have their beds so that they can play off of those. Getting up and down from the floor just doesn't quite make the picture right - but they're so good going with what we have right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment