Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Auditions - Day 1

Wow! One day of auditions are now completed. What a great turnout for the kids auditions, we saw 31 local children and expect the numbers to be high again tonight. I would like to see more adults though, especially the guys - male actors, where are you??!!??

Most of the kids had prepared songs - all had to sing Happy Birthday. I had them sing the song in a style opposite of what there first song was, to see if they could take direction and could perform different emotions. I loved hearing Maybe and Tomorrow performed quite a few times. I also had an auditioner perform Johnny One Note. I don't think she had any idea that Andrea McArdle had auditioned for Annie with that song, but it gave me a nice touch of nostalgia. After all had sung, we had them do a movement audition. I'm loving my choreographer, Jenny Morris. She's got a firm grasp of the style of the show, knows the style of the 1930s and I can't wait to see her dances. She' also a huge fan of the show.

I'm excited for tonight's auditions. Sing for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment