Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Interview, Buddy on Stage, FDR & Drake

Yesterday I had a 25 minute phone interview with Paulette Tobin from the Herald. I hope she can use something from my ramblings and could make sense from what I was saying - I could talk for hours about the show.

I'm so proud of Buddy right now!! I think we finally found a way for him to be comfortable with Annie on stage. Right now I'm pretending to be a homeless person asleep next to the trash can on stage. We ran through Act I Scene 2 a couple of times that way and he didn't want to stray from Annie so much that way. I took some peeks when Annie was belting out her Tomorrow and Buddy was right with her facing the aundience for a good portion. We'll see how it looks when we get to the Empire. I may also throw myself into Hooverville to make sure he behaves himself since the tour version puts Annie into the scene much earlier and includes her in the Hooverville song.

We have our FDR!!!!! We blocked Act II Scene 3(actually re-blocked with the new actors) I'm loving our FDR - I knew he'd do a great job when he auditioned. So glad he reconsidered - it adds so much to that scene. My men in that scene also belted out "Tomorrow" for the very first time - EVER. Acapella. They sounded so good. I was told that the orphans in the other part of the theatre just stopped with an amazed look on their faces and gave a listen to the guys. The ending needs help, but that'll get fixed on Thursday. I just loved hearing tomorrow with those lower voices.

We also have a Drake!!!! Thank you Jared!!! Can't wait to see how he interprets the role. Jared's so talented and has great instincts. We haven't worked on a show together since 2002 when we did West Side Story at Frost Fire. Yay!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment