Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Panic is Setting In!

I have a huge list of things to do for the show plus continue to create rehearsal time schedules - and now a snow storm might hit the area this weekend - yikes!!! We still have dances to choreograph.

Last night I sent out a mass e-mail looking for older men to be in the show. I also received a call from a fellow actor/director to see if he could do FDR. He declined. And I completely understand because he has another huge commitment during the first week of our run and he would be spreading himself too thin. So now I am going to call the gentleman I originally cast (he declined FDR because he wanted Daddy Warbucks) and I'm going to ask him to reconsider. I don't think he realizes how much fun that role can be - and he'd get to sing Tomorrow!!!! What could be better?!

2 comments:

  1. Keep smiling... I don't think people realize how hard it is to direct a show and pull all this together (and it will all come together - even if you end up having a woman dress as FDR to pull off the show). :)

    Hope you post more pictures - I am really enjoying reading your blog (as you know, I will be directing Annie this summer - and can't wait!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the positive comment Amy! I sure needed it. I'll feel better when the canned music arrives so we can start rehearsing with it. I hope you blog about your Annie show - if you need anything, let me know. Oh, yes - more pictures, now that I have most of it blocked I will!!

    ReplyDelete